Founder Daniel Drake has got more knowledge on pest control and pest control technology than any other pest control owner in the state.
Founder Daniel Drake has got more knowledge on pest control and pest control technology than any other pest control owner in the state.
Dallas Pest Control is proud of their years of great service and has expanded a lot since we started more than 30 years ago.
House pests are, well, a pest. Not all not all exterminators are effective in controlling them or even getting rid of them at all. In today’s feature, we look at the most common types of house pests and what you can do to get rid of them or at least keep them out of out the house. If you have given up on prevention, keep reading
Rats are another big problem in the Dallas Texas that you want to get rid of as soon as possible. Signs that you have rats include sightings, droppings, burrows in the garden, and gnaw marks on wood and wiring. Their gnawing of electrical wiring can be very dangerous as it could cause fires. They are also one of the pests that carry the most diseases and can cause a lot of health problems for your family. To control this pest, you need to seal up any openings through which they can enter your home. Remember, they can gnaw through many things. Use materials that they cannot gnaw through like metal. Remove all possible food sources that could attract them. Poisoning them can lead to them dying and rotting in the walls or ceiling and this causes a terrible stench. We recommend Rapid Rodent Removal in Dallas, Frisco and McKinney Tx, for all of your rodent control, rodent removal, rat control or rat removal needs. You can reach them at 469-609-7287 in the Dallas are if you are in need of experts to assist you in rodent control problems.
Mice may be the cutest of the potential house pets, but their presence is a problem. They cause their damage by leaving urine and excrement everywhere in the house. Their droppings look like small coffee beans. The droppings are how you can identify that they are in your house. They are also known to nibble and gnaw at things like books, pillows, and other soft objects. Mice can be a big problem if not controlled from the beginning. Seal up anything they may consider a food source and also seal up any cracks, holes, or openings in the walls, floors, and ceilings.
We hope these tips will help you identify and get rid of your house pets in no time and with as little effort as possible.
These little buggers have caused many people endless frustration and anger outbursts. Ants are a pest that never seems to end. If you get rid of 5, 10 more show up not long after. They are not particularly dangerous to your home, but they are annoying. To get rid of them, clean up spills and sticky surfaces. Take anything that they are on outside and use soapy water to clean it off. You can also use a soap and water mixture to spray them. This gets rid of ants in a jiffy. Close any opening that ants can get through and try and avoid leaving food and water in places that can attract them
Cockroaches are a particularly difficult pest to deal with as they never seem to go away. Even if you can kill them once, they just seem to come back and become more. They cause several problems in the home including the destruction of paper and fabric, carrying diseases, contaminating food, and staining surfaces. Fighting these critters will take some planning and effort. Bug sprays are not really effective, but setting traps, removing all potential food and water sources, and opening up possible hiding places, is a good place to start.
Pests in your home can be a nuisance and frustrate you immensely. However, the reason for getting rid of them is not their appearance, but the possible health problems they can cause. House pests can carry and cause a variety of diseases and cause health issues like allergies. This is why it is important to seal up any possible entrances and keep your home clean. Different pests can cause different issues and below is a list of things you should know.
Rodents and insects are not the cleanest of creatures and often spend their time in sewers and other dirty places. Any germs present can hitch a ride on their feet or fur and bring them into your home. Pests carry all sorts of diseases.
• Rodents carry salmonella which can easily contaminate food. They also have the potential to transmit Hantavirus which is not something you want to have.
• Cockroaches also carry salmonella with them as well as E.coli bacteria. They pick these up from the garbage they work through.
• Ticks and fleas can cause Lyme disease and a variety of fevers.
Most rodents and insects can cause allergies or make asthma worse. You don’t need to have actual contact with them to have a reaction. Their mere presence in the walls, floors, or ceilings, can cause health problems and make those allergies flare up.
• The main culprits are mice that leave droppings everywhere. Particles of these droppings can become airborne and cause allergies.
• Cockroaches are one of the worst culprits and can cause problems even after an infestation has been treated. Not only their droppings but also their saliva and dead bodies can cause allergies.
• Termites cause the spread of dust and this is a major allergen for many people.
Insect bites and stings are not only uncomfortable and sometimes painful but can also be very dangerous for your health. These bites and stings can cause allergic reactions or transmit dangerous diseases.
• Spider bites are what most of us fear. Spiders can give poisonous or non-poisonous bites and you should identify the species as soon as you can.
• Bed bugs are sneaky little things and can enter the house on your clothing or breed in the woodwork. Their bites cause painful red sores.
• Bees, hornets, and wasps send many people to the hospital every year. Bees should not just be exterminated but dealt with correctly as they are endangered. The bites from these insects can be very painful and many people are allergic.
Use the following tips to keep pests out of your home:
• Keep your house clean and decluttered to avoid creating breeding space and attractions.
• Seal up all entrances, cracks, gaps, and other openings in your walls, floors, and roof.
• Keep food sealed properly and avoid attracting pests.
Preventative action is always better than the treatment of health problems when you finally realize that you have unwanted house guests.
Bugs and insects are usually not very welcome house guests. Apart from their unsightly appearance, they also carry diseases with them that can make your family sick. There is a huge variety of insect repellents on the market and it may be difficult to choose the best one. After many tests and talking to many people, we have found the top 5 insect and bug repellents for your home. Some are organic to keep things eco-friendly.
1. Organic Home Pest Control Spray by Eco Defense. This is an insect killer that is made by using only natural ingredients. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and is pet and child safe. It works to kill cockroaches, scorpions, ants, spiders, fleas, mites, stink bugs, and silverfish. This is a great product to use because it is eco-friendly and contains no poisons or dangerous chemicals. This product has received rave reviews and is very popular.
2. Orange Guard Water-Based Home Pest Control. This is also a product that can be used inside and outside the house. It creates an impenetrable barrier once applied and is pet, food, and child safe. It doesn’t use harmful chemicals and has a water base. It is effective against ants, cockroaches, fleas, spider mites, palmettos, aphids, and silverfish. The main and active ingredient in this product is orange peel extract and leaves a fresh orange scent after spraying.
3. Home Defense MAX Insect Killer Spray by Ortho. This is for both indoor and outdoor use and is a fast-acting repellent. It prevents and kills pests like ants, ticks, spiders, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, spider mites, centipedes, scorpions, insect eggs, and many other types of insects. This is a very powerful repellent and can keep away these pests for an estimated period of 12 months. This repellent is safe for pets and children once it dries. It is also odorless and doesn’t cause any stains.
4. House and Garden Bug Killer by Raid. Raid is one of the leading brands in insect repellents and pest control. This is one of their best products and is safe to use inside and outside the house. It can be used in the garden and even sprayed on house and garden plants. It will not harm the plants, just the creepy crawlies. Not for use on edible plants, though.
5.Talstar Pro Multi-Use Insecticide. This powerful insecticide controls more than 75 different types of pests inside and outside the house. This product is used by professional pest control companies and will give you excellent results without paying for expert services. These insecticides are only available to buy in bulk and you may want to share with your neighbors or just have a lot for future use. It is pet and child safe and odorless. It is safe to use around food handling areas and dries quick and clear without any stains. It offers up to 3 months of protection against pests.
If you are struggling with house pests, get one of these great products and sort out your pest control problems with little effort and a lot of satisfaction.
Once a pest infestation has taken root in your house, it might never be completely free from it again. Pest control specialist may offer short-term solutions, but most likely, you will ned to have them come out at least once or twice a year to maintain your pest-free home. Pest control can get costly if you need it on a large scale or when it is too late. To help you save money and reduce the risk of pests in your home, follow these simple tips.
Pests will find a way into your home if there is one to find. Make sure that all cracks, crevices, and gaps in walls, floors, and ceilings are dealt with and sealed to prevent pests from getting in. Also, check the outside of your house for cracks in the foundation or missing tiles. They can get in from there as well.
Food attracts pests very quickly. Make sure that you store your food appropriately to avoid pests from getting to it. Store food in the fridge or sealable containers to keep pests away from it.
There are special screens that you can use to put over chimney vents and openings. Pests like bats and cockroaches can easily get in through these openings and cause a lot of headaches. Install these screens to help keep potential pests out.
Don’t just do the once-over every week. Clean your counters and floors every day and reduce the chance of pests having something that draws them. If there isn’t any spills or crumbs to feed on, they won’t keep coming back.
Even pests need water and some of them are drawn to it. If you keep your house dry and make sure that water is redirected properly, your house will not be a friendly environment for pests to live in.
Lastly, you should keep your house decluttered as clutter is a perfect breeding place for pests. You never know what you might find in that pile of old clothes or that corner that hasn’t been cleaned in months. Follow these tips and it will be harder for pests to invade your home.
Online articles and blogs have made it very easy to do most things yourself. However, in some instances, doing it yourself could cost you more or cause more damage. Certain situations need to be left to the professionals who can fix a problem fast and effective and for good. Whether it is plumbing, roofing, renovating, or pest control, you need to know when it is time to call in the experts. Here are the signs that should tell you to make that call and not do it yourself:
You can see property damage – Things like gnaw marks on furniture, chewed up wiring, clothes with holes in them, pencil-thin tunnels in your walls, and other small signs of biting, gnawing, or burrowing are signs that you have pests and need help.
You hear scratching and rustling sounds – Scampering sounds in the roof or along the walls are a sign that you probably have a rodent pest in your house. If you hear rustling noises coming from the walls, it is very likely termites or carpenter ants. All these pests can cause a great deal of harm to your house and you should call pest control experts immediately.
You find droppings and urine – You will likely find these in your kitchen or pantry, but it can also be anywhere else in your house. This is an indication that you may have rats or mice. Droppings that look like ground pepper indicate that cockroaches are around. These pests carry diseases that can cause your family a lot of health problems. If you see any of these signs, it means you need to call the professionals yesterday.
You actually see some of the pests – When you have visuals of the pests, it may indicate a lot more nearby. It often happens that termite or cockroach infestations grow so large that they push out some of the colony members because they don’t have space. If you see them, you need to call in the big guns to do an inspection and get rid of the pests.
If any of these signs are visible in your house, it is time to call the experts and have them inspect your house and take action.
There are many pest control companies out there, but how do you know which one is best? The simple answer is ‘Just hire Dallas Pest Control’. However, you may live far away and we might be a bit out of range. If this is the case, follow the guidelines below to determine which company will be best for you.
These guidelines should help you choose the best possible company to deal with your pest problem.